Veins.Wales was founded in 2017 on a background of more than 25 years experience in the National Health Service as well as extensive experience of Specialist Vascular Private Practice in Australia and New Zealand.
The aim of Veins.Wales is to provide patients with varicose veins and other vascular conditions the highest quality care. You are unique so consultations, tests and treatments will be tailored to your individual needs.
Our treatments for varicose veins include the latest minimally invasive techniques which are performed under local anaesthetic as “walk in walk” out procedures. Life is busy for many of our patients so specialist assessment and duplex ultrasound examination of varicose veins can be performed at the same appointment as a “one stop shop”.
Assessment of arterial problems can be made with the aid of the latest imaging technologies including duplex ultrasound, CT angiography and digital subtraction angiography.
Appointments can be made for initial consultations with Mr David Lewis MB ChB MD EBSQ(vasc) FRACS(vasc) FRCS Consultant Vascular Surgeon at St Joseph’s Hospital Newport and Spire Hospital Cardiff.
Specialist vascular surgical services include advice, investigation, treatment and follow up of varicose veins and other vascular conditions:
- Varicose veins
- Superficial venous incompetence (SVI)
- Deep venous incompetence (DVI)
- Endovenous ablation of varicose veins (EVA)
- Radiofrequency ablation of varicose veins (RFA)
- Ultrasound guided injection foam sclerotherapy (UGS)
- Varicose vein surgery
- Thread veins
- Spider veins
- Duplex ultrasound of varicose veins
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD)
- Peripheral occlusive arterial disease (PAOD)
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Chronic lower limb ischaemia (CLLI)
- Intermittent claudication (IC)
- Critical limb ischaemia (CLI)
- Peripheral aneurysms
- Peripheral bypass surgery
- Supervised walking exercise programmes (SEPS)
- National exercise referral scheme (NERS)
- Carotid artery disease (CAD)
- Carotid artery stenosis (CAS)
- Carotid endarterectomy (CEA)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
- Open surgical repair (OSR) of abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm (EVAR)
- Port a cath insertion
- Insertion of totally implantable venous access devices (TIVAD)
- Removal of port a cath
- Removal of totally implantable venous access devices